The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Trek For A Cure takes hikers through the scenic trails of Bear Run Nature Reserve to raise funds and awareness for cystic fibrosis. Trek For A Cure is an opportunity to enjoy the nature of Western PA, while making a difference in the lives of people with cystic fibrosis.
The Western Pennsylvania Chapter’s Trek For A Cure, a pledge-based fundraiser, is a one-day hike where hikers can select from various trail loops based on their comfort level. Options range from a family-friendly 1-mile loop up to a 20-mile test of endurane, while exploring the breathtaking, scenic terrain of Bear Run in early October to witness the fall foliage in all its glory. In order to participate, hikers must raise a minimum of $200 in pledges through their personal and social media campaigns.
If you are interested in seeing what Trek for a Cure is all about, join us at one of our training hikes. RSVP for a Training Hike HERE.
• 1.7-mile family loop: any start time between 6 AM and 3 PM
• 5-mile loop: 12 PM start time
• 7.5-mile loop: 11 AM start time (recommended age 16+)
• 13-mile loop: 9 AM start time (recommended age 16+)
• 20-mile loop: 6 AM start time (recommended age 16+)
1478 Mill Run Rod, 15464